This lab includes several interactive activities to enhance student engagement and facilitate a deeper understanding of insurance concepts.
Students will participate in hands-on activities such as categorizing risks, calculating insurance premiums, and analyzing case studies. Students will also learn about Auto Insurance, Renters Insurance, Homeowners Insurance, Health Insurance, and Life Insurance in depth.
The following are included in the lab:
- Interactive worksheets to categorize unexpected events
- Introduction to insurance and its need.
- Interactive worksheet that demonstrates two situations - with and without insurance
- How insurance companies are profitable and the concept of insurance pooling using interactive worksheets.
- Understanding coverage
- Auto insurance
- Introduction and basic coverage details such as collision, comprehensive etc.
- Interactive worksheet to compare and choose an insurance coverage
- Factors affecting the premium
- Worksheet activity to analyze the declaration page
- Renters Insurance
- Introduction, factors affecting the premium
- Sample renters insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Analyzing a sample policy
- Health Insurance
- Worksheet to analyze hospital expenses in USA
- Interactive worksheet to compare insurance plans
- Life Insurance
- Writing a letter to parents talking about the importance of various insurance
There are many other writing and analysis activities included in the lab.
Who this course is for
Middle and High school students
Award Ceremony & Certificates